Patriot tree

patriottreesvc logo


  • Evacuate- Get everyone to a safe place. The last thing you want is for the tree to fall farther and crush someone. 
  • Call 911- If anyone is trapped, injured, or dead, or if the tree is blocking the road or has broken a gas or powerline, call the first responders. You can also call CPS Energy’s emergency line: (210) 353-4357. They can also assist with getting the gas or power shut off.
  • Document it/ Assess the damage- Once everyone is safe and accounted for, go outside to assess the damage. Things you need to consider: Might the tree fall farther? Can I safely use the part of my house without a tree on it? What is the extent of the damage done? 
  • Call your insurance- When you understand the situation, call your insurance agent. Some insurance agencies will dig their heels and make it hard for you to file a claim if you don’t call right away. Explain the situation to them and share the photos/ videos you have taken. Ask them how to proceed.
  • Call a tree service- Call the professionals to remove the problem tree and prevent more damage. Professionals have the equipment and the experience to do the job safely. Here is the part where we can help. Call us anytime, day or night at (210) 201-2844. 
  • Call a roofing company- After the tree is removed, you can see the extent of the damage to your home. Your roof might need to be tarped to keep out the water. But the roofing company will let you know how to proceed. A company we recommend for this job is Blue Line Roofing and Construction. They can be reached at (210) 481-1836.
  • Call a plumber- (if needed) Occasionally the tree will have crushed pipes causing them to burst. If this happens, your local plumber can help repair the damage.